Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Vancouver Visit

We had a fun summer Vancouver visit. When we got in, it was a scorching 30 degrees C, which isn't common. I was totally unprepared for such weather, and poor Lucas only had 1 pair of hot weather clothing. The first night, Myra hosted a welcome dinner at her townhouse and it was an all night BBQ affair. They boys drank and drank and the girls chatted away. We didn't even realize what time it was, until one of us said it's 2am? Todd and I got to take the night off as Grandma was so excited to take care of Lucas that night. Lucas got to swim in my brother's indoor pool with Maddie. He really enjoyed the water, and would slap his hands and then splash his face with water and then laugh and laugh. It was fun seeing the dads, Cam with Maddie and Todd with Lucas in the pool.

The rest of the week I saw more family and friends. I stayed a whole week, while Todd only stayed the weekend (I guess one of us has to work). Lucas enjoyed hanging out with his Great Grandma too. She just totally enjoyed him as he just loves to laugh and would respond to her. I love how it made my grandmother happy. They call him "Jun Jun", the first part of his chinese name. We also stopped by my mom's office to meet her coworkers. He just loved meeting them all and was laughing up a storm. He especially loved being thrown up in the air. Oh and he left Ellie a nice gift at her cubicle (sorry about the spit up).

My mom flew back with me to San Francisco and spent a few days here. She loved the ritual of putting Lucas to bed, giving him a bath first, then changing him in his PJ's and then giving him his last bottle before bed. We took my mom to Half Moon Bay to have their famous Lobster Sandwich at Sam's. Coni joined us too and Lucas had 2 grandma's to watch over him. My mom and I shopped one of the days and Lucas was on his best behaviour, although at the end we were pushing it. I guess he's going to get used to all the shopping.

No comments: