Friday, June 17, 2011

Spring Update

Playing catchup...here's what's been going on since my last post...
I celebrated my birthday in April with a fun party at Frjtz, a belgium fries and beer place.  It was perfect since I love fries, Todd loves beer, and we had the back room to ourselves (Lucas & kids could wander around).  Plus, the afternoon was topped off with cupcakes.  Yummy!











Ask any of my friends and they will tell you I havn't missed celebrating my birthday with a party since I was little. It all began with my mom, who loved throwing parties, gift bags, games, treasure hunts, you name it, all through my childhood.  I guess it rubbed off on me too.  I like being with my friends and family on my bday!

Todd continued the celebration by surprising me with a day trip to an unknown location.  First he didn't tell me he was taking the day off work, so when I woke up I was surprised to see him at home.  Then we packed up and just started driving and driving. We started passing factories, like budweiser, and I'm starting to worry about where is he taking us.  Well, i saw the jelly belly sign and knew were were heading there.  He thought since I liked factory assembly lines (don't ask, but I'm fascninated with assembly lines that they show on tv), and candy it would be fun.  Lucas loved all the free samples!


stopped off for lunch and an afternoon margarita

Then dinner he lined up our friends to babysit while we had dinner at our favourite italian restaurant, Stella Alpina.  What a wonderful and thoughtful husband..


Happy Easter! Every year Nana hosts  Easter at her place with a big easter hunt for all the kids.  Last year Lucas was too little and he was napping, so he missed out on the festivities, but this year we was ready to go.  Nana got him a little basket and he watched all his cousins run around frantically picking up easter eggs all over her garden.  Luckily, cousin Ashley helped Lucas find a bunch so that he could put them in his basket.  He was so proud of his little collection. 



On those rainy days, I've been taking Lucas to the Hiller Aviation Musuem.  They have a small toddler area with plane ride ons, a large exhibit of planes and best of all a real 747 where you can go into the cockpit and pretend like you are flying the plane.  We took Todd there one weekend and he loved it - he was the kid that day!  They also were having a big train exhibit (and we know who is obsessed with trains right now), so it was trains, planes and more trains.


Todd and Lucas (his wingman)





We can't forget the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate.  I didn't stay up to watch it, but the next day I was fully caught up on the big event.  I was like a little girl watching a fairy tale wedding.


Here we are at Brian aka Sham's birthday party in the park in Sunnyvale.  They are expecting a little one this year and we are so excited for them, so I guess when we saw that he rented a bouncy house for his birthday, he's getting ready to be a dad. 




Happy Birthday Shams!


Todd was so proud of his ribs.





No comments: