New Years Day 2009... New Years Day marks a day that can only be described as awesome in our lives. Not the "awesome dude..." type of awsome, but rather the real definition: inspiring awe. New Years 2009 is the one year anniversary of the death of my beloved father, Robert Louis Berliner. I've spoken before of the absolute central pilar my father was in my life, the gravity of love that held me together, shaped me, and that cast a glowing hue of joy, courage, truth and kindness on the whirling universe around me. This New Years Day Alisa, my mom and I celebrated his life and his death, and that is something that was truly awesome, unavoidable, and life changing. I can only pay respect to the grand scheme, or blind luck, whichever it is, that graced our lives with Lucas, our son, who, like a clear sunrise after the rain, brought light on this awesome time and reflected the color of my dad, again, through my universe.
Thank you dad.
I love you with all of my heart and promise to honor your memory by being the very same pilar for Lucas that you were for me. And when that little bundle of joy shines just a little bit brighter, I will always know that's your extra bit of light, your joy and your legacy too.

1 comment:
Todd, you already are a true representative of your Dad. We see the love, caring and protection you have for Alisa and Lucas. We no longer have to ask, are you for real, because you are. Thank you.
Post a Comment