Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Big News!!

So I thought we would put together a blog to keep in touch with our family and friends as we live life in the bay area. I guess this is part deux to our wedding blog.

So the big news is that we are expecting a little one Dec 5th. I’m “baking” away, (my codeword for being pregnant) and am starting to feel normal again. Let me tell you, the past 6 weeks have not been fun - the feeling like you have a constant hangover is horrible. The good news is that I’m starting to feel better so I’m crossing my fingers and hoping that the “hangover” period is over. Yippy!

Introducing Lima (we called it that after Lima Bean which is what it looked like at the first ultrasound). This is the latest pic taken at 12 weeks. Lima's kicking back with it's feet up hands behind it's head just "chillin". (I'm thinking this takes after Todd)

When we broke the news to Coni, Todd's Mom, she was in tears. We gave her a knitting for babies book and she knew right away (she's a big knitter). On the inside of the book, we had a picture of Lima. It was a very sweet moment and now both Lima and I get some cool knits for the fall.

We flew to Vancouver to break the news to my parents and they had no clue this was coming. We told them we were taking them out for Mother's and Father's day and they picked this really trendy steakhouse, Salt Lick. I had a gift for them, a web cam and on the back of it was the ultrasound pic. At first my mom didn't know what was going on, she thought it was a cartoon of some sort and then she got it finally and started screaming "YOUR PREGNANT!" In other words, she was super happy. My dad was quiet, but he was happy too. Todd made a joke about the last time he took my dad to eat, he was asking him for my hand in marriage and that from now on he'll be thinking twice about what's going to be announced next. :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HOLY SHAZAM!

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. I love the image of the baby kickin back.

Anonymous said...

Its the best Mother/Father's Day present ever. We are estatic...Can't believe a generation repeats and I'm going to be Poh Poh. Can hardly wait.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!
Heard the good news & received the blog. I will be "Auntie Por Por"!!