150 BPM never sounded so good! I should have posted this a while ago when it was recorded, but the wife and I have been knee deep in Alan & Marianne's wedding, as you can see below, and trying to figure out what the heck we need to buy in time for Lima's arrival! (That is a whole other post that needs to be written - but it's safe to say that it's delightuflly crazy. On the one hand there's so much that needs to be considered - ugly but functional high chair vs. stylish, overpriced "elevated seating apratus?" - and on the other hand the shopping is yet another sign imprinting the joyous reality of our coming child into my brain.)
Babe's lookin' fabulous as always, a cute and almost perfectly round bump protruding from her belly the only sign that she's carrying Lima in a warm bath, a internal hot tub, a true spa for Lima's growing pleasure. She's doing a remarkable job too, one that puts me to shame I'm sure. Functioning as a human oven, girdled with an extra 15lbs of baby growing equipment, and unable to see her own feet, Alisa's been marching on, working, putting up with me, and kicking ass in general. Rock on babe...
I guess it's time to get to the juice of this post, the 150 sweetest beats I've ever heard. Throught the magic of the "Storke Radio," so clever eh?, we get to hear Lima's heart pumping away any time we want. The process is pretty simple - just coat what looks like a smooth, white tv remote with some "ultrasound gel" and place it against mom's belly. Move it around a little bit and bingo - Lima's heart beat can be heard through the speaker. The technology is similar to ultrasounds - you can read about Storke Radio here - and amazingly enough, Lima can hear it even though we can't. Lima get super worked up when we use it and I'm not sure if she is excited good or is like, "knock it off!" Either way Lima kicks up a storm which results in a loud "bbwaammm" from the speaker. Lima, we're sorry if we were bugging you but we hope you understand - hearing your heart beating makes our hearts sing. Too cheesy? Too bad, it does!
So check it out:
2 comments:
This is what I hear but I don't know if it's true. Baby's heart can beat between 120-160/minute. If it's a fast heart beat that means you are having a girl and if it beats slow that means you are having a boy. It was cool to hear your baby's heart beat. When Cam and I first heard our baby's heart beat we were so amazed by it. It's so weird to have this baby grow inside you and everything. I truly think creating a baby is a miracle!!!" Juliet
it's like Todd's new DJ'ing technique! I could almost dance to that. sweet. thanks for the updates. u two are amazing at keeping it up!
-from your biggest blog fan
Post a Comment