Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

Lucas and I took a last minute trip to Vancouver to celebrate chinese new year with my family.  We couldn't pass up all the good food and spending time with family. Lucas is growing up so fast and 4 months seems like a long time for him to go without seeing my vancouver side.  We spent almost 2 weeks there and he had so much fun playing with his little friends and my family.  My mom made a feast for new years, about 6 dishes total - crab, chicken, vegetables, noodles, pork and more.  I better start learning how to cook (or have todd figure out all the dishes so I can pass this tradition down).

Goong Hay Fat Choy! Cousin Aisha and Lucas



Maddie and Lucas sitting with the mickey mouse crew.

Juliet, her kids and dad along with Lucas, myself and my dad went to chinatown to see the festivities.  Lucas is pointing to the dancers on the stage.


Myra and I headed to Aberdeen Center (a big chinese mall) for the countdown.  It was a mad house!

We were also there for my niece's 1st birthday party.  My brother's downstairs was turned into a kids room, complete with bouncy house and a roller coaster. 




Birthday Girl!
At first Lucas was completely scared of the bouncy house but my cousin Geoff somehow convinced him it was fun and he loved it from then on.  This is the last 15 mins before we had to go to the airport to go home.  One last bounce!

No comments: