So this year we had 2 parties for him, one in Vancouver in November and one in the bay area with our friends and family here. We just love parties!
We had Lucas' party at Nana's house - which he loves playing at. She has a newly landscaped backyard that the kids can run around, a garden, swings, chickens and lots of outdoor toys. Since it was an early party, we served brunch - quiche, bacon, waffles, potatos, fruit and mimosas of course. It was fun to have friends from my mother's group, work and the gang we hang out with all together. The kids LOVED the backyard, especially the baseball contraption that shoots balls. Not the most toddler friendly toy, but it kept them preoccupied. I can't believe we fit 35 people at Nana's house - thank god for the backyard. There were babies, toddlers and preschoolers - all ages. Lucas had so much fun that he didn't even nap till the end of the day. Little party animal in training.
Yum, frosting all over the place.
When we went to Vancouver in November to visit, we threw an early birthday party for Lucas since we weren't able to celebrate his 1st birthday with his vancouver family and friends. Can you say Yo Gabba Gabba? This is Lucas' favourite show and Todd and I like it too amazingly. It's one of the shows that I can bear to watch, since they have good music, fun lessons and celebrity guests. I went a little yo gabba crazy as you will see in the pictures, favors, plates, decorations. I even made shirts for our family to wear that day with all the characters. We held it at my brother's house in Vancouver and made a play room out of the downstairs basement and filled it with toys and balls. We catered in sushi (another fav food of Lucas') and my mom got a diplomat cake, which is the same cake we had at our wedding. We met Conner, Juliet and Cam's new addition to their family who was only a few weeks old.
Todd being a scary monster.
Jennifer and Maddie, yo gabba gabba everywhere!
The family and the Yo Gabba Gabba t-shirts I made for everyone.
My grandmother and Aunt (Goo Ma)









No comments:
Post a Comment