Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day





Sometimes I can't believe I'm a mother and when mother's day comes around (this is #2 for me), I forget to include myself in this special day. This year my two boys took me to Monterey for the weekend. The weather was beautiful and the drive really nice since Lucas slept the entire way and Todd and I got to catch up on things. We drove past some farms and they were selling cherries, avocados and fruit for so cheap. A lot of California produce comes from this region. We checked into the Portola Hotel & Spa, and were given fresh baked chocolate cookies. Yum, so far so good on this hotel. The room was nice decorated in nautical colors and Lucas just loved roaming a new room. The hotel was so centrally located that we just walked everywhere - fisherman's wharf, the cannery and downtown. After lunch and a nice walk (Lucas wasn't at all tired), we took a dip in the swimming pool. This time, he loved the pool, after a few minutes of "i'm not really sure of this". I started chasing him and his dad in the pool and then his face turned into giggles and smiles - this isn't so bad after all. We had dinner at a local italian place and then headed back to the hotel to hang out. We thought Lucas would be exhausted by then, but he stayed up with us till 10pm and then conked out in our King bed. The next day I was treated to a spa pedicure and it felt so nice to be pampered. My toes felt so refreshed! It was a great weekend and every mom deserves a day (or weekend of pampering).






No comments: