Saturday, March 13, 2010

Winter Olympics 2010

The Winter Olympics in Vancouver were so much fun. I've never seen the city so alive before, with so many Canadians so patriotic and elated with Olympic Spirit. We saw lots of Americans too, who were proudly wearing their US gear (Todd included). I felt like a tourist in my own hometown and even rode the public transit and the new Canada line which takes you from the airport to downtown. It's really convenient. The events I got to check out were Women's Figure Skating Short Skate and the Nordic Track Combined in Whistler. Boy was it really cold in Whistler and I wasn't expecting the bus to literally drop us off on the mountain for us to hike 1 km to the ski jumping site and the fact that there were NO indoor areas so it was soooo cold. I've become to used to California weather. Really, the biggest event was Olympic Hockey. Todd and I went to Yaletown and hung out at a bar to watch a US game and people were already saving tables 7 hours ahead for the evening Canada game. Crazy..Well yay for Canada for winning the Hockey Gold! It was ghost town when that game was on.

Here are some pics from our trip.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like a fantastic time! :)