Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mom and Dad Staying Connected

My history is mostly an oral history. My childhood memories are etched in my mind, and all but the best of them are fading into broad strokes of the happiness I know I experienced. Lucas's life, on the other hand, has been documented in countless photos and videos. One day he'll be able to watch himself coming home from the hospital, see the first of his smiles caught on camera, or even just watch himself sleep. Even better, Lucas's family in Vancouver, and even his Nana in San Jose, who don't get to see these tiny moments, get DVDs in the mail so they too can enjoy their grandson. Isn't today's technology great?

Beyond the memories, Alisa and I, aka mom and dad, get to stay connected, whether the distance is from home to work, or from here to Las Vegas. Alisa makes my day by sending me pics throughout the day of her adventures at home with Lucas. As you parents out there know, what seems mundane to most, like a 4 month old sitting upright in a chair and holding his head up!, are mini miracles to mom and dad. Alisa sharing these moments with me make my "day at the office," away from my wife and son, that much more bearable. Here's my favorite moment of the week that mom was kind enough to send to me ~ check it, DJ Lucas!



And mom recently took a weekend trip to Las Vegas for a bachelorette party. It was her first time away from Lucas, and his first time alone with dad! Ahhhhhh, right? No way, it was great! Lucas and I had a great time together, but I know mom missed him like crazy. (To be honest, Alisa and I miss Lucas when he goes to sleep at night, much less when one of us travels away.) Again, I got to send her little updates, just to show her what her little man was up to. Enjoy some of Lucas's quiet, and not so quiet, moments...


Good morning mom, I miss you!

Don't worry about us mom, Dad's taking good care of me!

No comments: