Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ready for the "ultra" ultra-sound!


So today was the big day - Lima's 20-week anatomy ultra sound scan. We get to count fingers, toes, kidneys, lungs, heart chambers... everything to make sure our little gem is just shiney. The tech was able to see the "bits and pieces" too but we didn't look, we swear, we're resolved. Not so sure why, it's personal of course, but I like the romance in the mystery. (I do come from a line of 3 generations of only male Berliners so I'm curious whether Lima will break the cycle!)

I am so blown away by the miracle contained in my better half's body, I had to include the little diagram above of the explosive growth mon petite amore is experiencing! first, enjoy the photo-rama. then keep reading to hear just how cool feeling the first kick (or punch, no way to know of course) really was!

And check Lima out here - knowing that this is a face that only Lima's parents could find cute (which THEY DO)...

Amazing eh? The miracle of life. To cap of this post I just want to tell you how amazing it was to feel the first kick with my own hand. Amazing, that's all I can think to say. Amazing that there's another life inside Alisa, amazing that I got to actually feel that life in motion, amazing to know that all of the wonder, joy and adventure to come announced itself to me with just one little kick.

-- Dad (aka Todd)

No comments: